Correspondence

Dear Muse,

Thank you for showing up at 2 a.m. every night this week. I don’t mind rising from sleep into a cold house and I enjoy your company once my eyes adjust to the pitch black rooms. I do have a question. I was wondering where we’re going with this latest story. I’ve been working on it for a few months now and, um, I feel like you’re taking over. I’m willing to use your ideas I just want to know what it is that we’re doing. Is it still a story about collective memory? Why have you changed the body of water that’s in the story? And could you fucking slow down with the inspiration? I still have to work in the morning, pack lunches and that sort of thing. I can’t submit to you the way you want although I know that’s what you like, you naughty spirit. Here’s an idea, why don’t you type the story yourself and show it to me when you’re done? I’d like to finish this story and the entire story collection before AWP. Thanks for your help.

Best,

Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment