Here's what I'm thankful for today, June 11, 2010:
1. That my latest story submission is being seriously considered by two respected journals.
2. That although my a/c faltered the other day during triple-digit heat, it was easily and cheaply repaired and we suffered only three sweaty hours without air.
3. That my family arrived safely in Tennessee and I get three days home alone before I join them.
4. That when I join them, I'll see my many nieces and sisters-in-law (sing: I got all my sisters with me!)
5. That I heard back from an amazing and kind writer-professor who has my manuscript.
6. That said amazing and kind writer-professor has a sense of humor and understood when I misread his name on an email and responded as if talking to an old college friend (their names are that similar).
7. That I continue to have ideas for writing projects.
8. That I will meet friends tonight at Pizzeria Bianco.
9. That today is Friday, tomorrow is Saturday and there are no major worries to report.