Here are a few items of interest I found on blogs and news sites:
* Isak discusses and links to an article by a Native American writer who writes of her encounter with Sherman Alexie, an author she both loathed and admired.
* Simply Fred Smith talks about how to balance your day job and writing dreams.
* Novelist Bernice McFadden was headed to Austin for the Black Book Festival and instead ended up with this hilarious travel nightmare story titled "12 Hours of Murphy's Law."
* Fiction author Aimee Bender has a nonfiction piece about failed marriage in the Washington Post Summer Reading section.
* The LA Times interviews Percival Everett about his new novel, I Am Not Sidney Poitier.