Voices We Followed




This book was on my radar then fell off: Poems from the Women's Movement edited by Honor Moore was published this March 2009 and contains the work of 58 poets including Sylvia Plath, Adrienne Rich, Anne Sexton, Sonia Sanchez, May Swenson, Alice Walker, and Audre Lord. Moore says that she chose to cover work from 1966 when Plath publishes Ariel to 1982 when the Equal Rights Amendment failed to be ratified, but also when the number of women's poetry had exploded. You can read an essay by Moore on Boston Review here, and a review of the book on the Feminist Review blog, here.

Another book to buy. Good thing it's pay day...

1 comment:

  1. I'm just dropping by to say what's up. I saw that American Splendor was your favorite movie, and it's been a long time since I've seen it but as a writer myself, I definitely could relate to his struggle. Peace.

    ReplyDelete